ROLE: Senior Consultant
REPORTING TO: Consulting Team Manager
LOCATION: Atlanta office - with the flexibility to work from home
CMSPI's Consultants manage client projects for a diverse portfolio of multi-billion dollar North American merchants, Nike, Marriott Hotels, McDonald's Restaurants, and Ralph Lauren to name a few! Our Payments Consultants work with C-suite executives to optimize their payments arrangements, transform the payments experience of their customers, and make a significant contribution to company revenue.
CMSPI’s North American Consultancy team has positioned themselves as trusted advisors for merchants with complex payments requirements. Our team is made up of client-facing payments experts who are also skilled relationship managers, delivering projects which have generated savings of up to six/seven-figure sums. This has made a huge contribution to CMSPI’s 30% year on year growth and with plans to increase our North American offering, growing our consultancy team is essential to this success.
We are looking for a skilled relationship manager, expert negotiator, and someone with a natural entrepreneurial flair. CMSPI is growing to become the payments consultancy of choice for international merchants and we’re looking for the very best people to join us on this journey.
What we are offering...
- An excellent commission scheme based on revenue generated
- Annual bonus - based on both company and personal performance
- Competitive base salary
- Very generous 401k scheme
- Private healthcare contributions
- A genuine opportunity to develop your career with opportunities for external training and qualifications
- Discretionary awarding of company share options
What we are looking for...
- Educated to undergraduate degree level with an overall GPA of 3.3 or higher (preferably Mathematics, Economics or Scientific/Computer Science-related degree)
- Minimum of 1-3 years of commercial business experience
- Desire to work in a high performing environment where you are challenged
- Desire to work with senior stakeholders at leading global retailers
- Experience of public speaking and confident presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to self-manage
- Excellent ability to persuade and negotiate
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Project management experience
- Strong competency in Microsoft Excel and other major Microsoft Office programs
- Strong organizational skills and a professional manner
- Flexibility to travel on a weekly basis
- Experience in pitching to C-Suite executives is highly desirable
- Previous work experience in the payments industry
What will you be doing...
- Initial 6 months will be spent learning the role of the project delivery team, understanding the complex data analysis, as well as shadowing senior consultants.
- Responsible for managing and driving current and new income opportunities through a portfolio of 5-10 national clients in line with agreed targets
- Lead client projects from successful sale through to completion of project and collection of relevant fees
- All client projects require consultants to:
- Oversee and critique all qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Prepare professional presentations and present findings to clients
- Negotiate directly with suppliers and manage and develop supplier relationships
- Prepare any tender or contractual documentation required to support the project
- Calculate any fees due to CMSPI arising from the project and ensure accuracy of invoices raised
- Effectively manage all client communication throughout the project
- Target opportunities for cross-sales
- Share project learnings with the wider team
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across departments including analysts, consultants, and the economics teams
- Project management with a strong focus on attention to detail and commercial accuracy
- Become the product expert on all matters concerning the payments market
- Where required, attend & speak at relevant seminars, conferences, and webinars