Job Title: Business Development Associate
Location: Atlanta, Hybrid Work Model
Reports To: VP of Business Development Operations
The world of payments is going through the most thrilling transformation imaginable. Volumes are growing, payment options are expanding, and complexity is intensifying. Retailers are at the epicenter of these changes, and it is CMSPI’s mission is to revolutionize payments for merchants and retailers worldwide. We are a hyper-growth company and the go-to payments advisor for Global 500 merchants, driving big cost savings, huge sales growth, and enhanced strategies. CMSPI is at the forefront of transforming the payments industry, and as a Business Development Associate, you'll be at the heart of this exciting journey. We are seeking a Business Development Associate, to play a pivotal role in our journey to become the world’s no.1 payments supply chain consultancy.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of an ambitious, global business within our growing Strategic Growth team.
As a Business Development Associate, you will gain a comprehensive, well-rounded understanding of how our business development strategy works by working concurrently with multiple departments during your first months. This is designed to give you enhanced insight into the value we provide our clients.
The key focus areas include:
Account Based Marketing - is our primary outreach approach. Our Head of ABM will work with you to develop and run your own ABM campaigns, reaching out to C-Suite executives at Tier 1 merchants.
Lead Generation- Grabbing the attention of our prospects can be a challenge; they receive hundreds of emails per day and most are generic approaches, likely automated and with little customization. The VP of Business Development will work with you to understand how to craft perfect outreach.
Proposal Creation - Supporting our Business Development Managers, you will work on real-world sales proposals.
Negotiation & Closing Business - Our sales process usually requires a series of calls and meetings. Our role-based training will provide you with the skills to guide and negotiate with C-Suite executives.
Events - Each year, we attend and hold several events. Networking is a key part of building credibility with our prospects.
Marketing - At CMSPI, the marketing and sales teams work closely to generate demand and close deals. You will spend time with the marketing team to gain an understanding of how the two teams collaborate.
Our business development training plan is designed to build on any previous work experience and skills you’ve been developing through studies and your natural entrepreneurial spirit. Working closely with the senior leaders of our business, you’ll undertake a thorough training program, alongside putting things into practice with real clients/prospects.
You are a great match if…
- A recent graduate with some sales experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree (No specific qualification but commercial areas, e.g. Business/Economics, preferred)
- Ability to work well independently, within a team and across departments/teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Professional demeanor and persuasive manner
- An appetite to drive business and improve skills at the same time
- Self-motivated, ambitious, confident, and driven
- Desire to make a difference and develop your career
- Strong organizational skills and ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
What we offer…
- Excellent performance-based earning opportunity.
- Ability to advance career and expand professional experiences in a hyper-growth company.
- Future opportunity for equity, rewarded to high performers.
- Payments industry training and continuous education.
- Personalized individual development plan, aligned to professional goals.
- And much more!