JOB ROLE: Associate Consultant
LOCATION: Atlanta office - Hybrid working model, attendance in the office is expected at least 2 days a week.
REPORTING TO: Consulting team - Performance Manager
The world of payments is going through the most thrilling transformation imaginable. Volumes are growing, payment options are expanding, and complexity is intensifying. Retailers are at the epicenter of these changes, and it is CMSPI’s mission is to revolutionize payments for merchants and retailers worldwide. We are a hyper-growth company and the go-to payments advisor for Global 500 merchants, driving big cost savings, huge sales growth, and enhanced strategies.
CMSPI is at the forefront of transforming the payments industry, and as an Associate Consultant, you'll be at the heart of this exciting journey. We are seeking a data-driven and client facing consultant, to play a pivotal role in our journey to become the world’s no 1 payments supply chain consultancy.
CMSPI Associate Consultants play an integral role within our Consulting team, where they combine payments knowledge with in-depth and meaningful analytics, to discover exciting opportunities that drive optimization across our clients’ payment arrangements. You’ll work alongside senior associates, engagement managers, Consulting leadership, and the wider CMSPI team to understand the business goals of our clients, with a focus on helping them to better navigate the complexities of their evolving payment ecosystems. The team’s goal is to provide powerful data insights to drive tangible improvements to client’s payment strategy and 3rd party supplier arrangements.
While following CMSPI’s refined internal processes and standards, this role provides our Associate Consultants with the opportunity to play a key client-facing role that closely supports CMSPI’s delivery teams to identify, investigate, and present optimization initiatives directly to some of the most exciting brands in the world. The day-to-day deliverables also offer the ability to quickly grow your career and develop your own commercial, technical and leadership skills in the process - all as part of an intelligent and vibrant Global team.
The key focus areas include:
- Produce high quality deliverables to support strong client engagement with Fortune 500 companies.
- Perform in-depth analysis on our clients' complex payment data, review acceptance processes for their key payment methods, benchmark key performance indicators, and provide industry research to demonstrate CMSPI’s payments knowledge where required.
- Use CMSPI methodologies and entrepreneurial initiative to suggest opportunities and improvements that our clients can explore to optimize their arrangements, all supported by intelligent and detailed data analytics.
- Accompany project teams to client meetings to present your findings, and to provide technical and analytical insight and support.
- Uncover hard to find opportunities within our client’s payments data, utilizing CMSPI’s proprietary data platform and products, and other advanced analytics tools.
- Produce accurate reports to communicate directly with clients through various methods including PowerBI, written reports, presentations, and data visualization of payments analytics.
- Work closely with Engagement Managers to execute benchmarking analysis, negotiation strategies, and other project deliverables.
- Assist in the review of commercial contracts and Service Level Agreements for CMSPI and the client.
- Gain a thorough understanding of each of the markets that CMSPI operates in and our core consulting product offerings.
- Share knowledge from project experiences with the wider business to promote innovation of thinking and outcomes.
You are a great match if...
- Ambitious individuals who are excited by a challenge and have a curiosity to learn a new industry and new skills.
- College graduates with a love of numbers and a degree preferably in Economics, Sciences, Mathematics, Business Administration, Finance, or related. Minimum 3.3 GPA.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in consulting or analysis, including experience in presenting complex analytical findings.
- Strong ability to apply logic, creativity, and solid problem-solving techniques across a variety of topics.
- Interest in innovation and developments around CMSPI’s key differentiators – consulting, market intelligence, and sophisticated data analytics.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, demonstrating an authentic and professional approach to communication.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize a high volume of tasks to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates proactive behavior in clarifying expectations, asking questions, and understanding deliverables for best outcomes.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity, resilience, and flexibility to work in a fast-growing business and industry.
- Portrays confidence and desire to interact and engage with clients. Comfortable presenting opportunities to internal and external stakeholders and develop relationship management skills.
- Willingness to travel to client and company meetings as required.
- Competence in and experience utilizing MS Office.
- Experience in SQL and Power BI is highly desirable but not required.
What we offer...
- Comprehensive, payments industry training by in-house and industry expert
- Personal and professional learning opportunities and growth experiences aligned with your career aspirations.
- 100% healthcare coverage for employees and low-cost dental and vision options
- Health Savings Account, Flexible Savings Account, and Commuter Benefit options
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match up to 5% after 90 days of employment
- Annual company bonus plan based on company & individual performance
- Quarterly values award for all employees – with a financial prize
- Regular companywide socials and team building events
- 15 vacation days, 5 sick days, 8 paid company holidays, and discretionary office closure during the holiday season