Brand Communications Manager
JOB ROLE: Brand Communications Manager
LOCATION: Based out of our Atlanta office. A hybrid working model expecting employees to come into the office x 2 days a week.
REPORTING TO: VP of Marketing
This role will be responsible for leading the development and execution of all external global brand communications and messaging. Working with our team of Marketers, Sales professionals, and Insights teams, this role is responsible for telling the CMSPI story to all external stakeholders, impacting key metrics that include brand awareness, consideration and preference.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for writing, possess strong written communication and interpersonal skills, and have a proven track record developing professional services messaging. In addition, the manager will be responsible for developing and authoring the company’s PR strategy and tactics to grow awareness of CMSPI with prospective customers.
What will you be doing...
Learn and stay current on the Payments Industry trends and key issues impacting CMSPI’s merchant customers:
- Monitor key industry trends through industry publications and consistent interaction with CMSPI Insights & Strategic Partnerships team
- Understand the target audience of CMSPI: media needs and habits.
- Attend CMSPI industry forums, (townhalls, webinars and events) to stay current and informed on key payments industry trends to better inform writing and messaging for all CMSPI content.
- Track messaging of key competitors
Messaging and Content Development:
- Define key messages and brand voice for all external communications.
- Deliver professional, engaging, focused, accurate copy for a wide variety of projects; own assignments from concept to initial draft to deployment; and contribute to consistency of our brand voice.
- Collaborate with designers to develop professional and impactful content for use in all marketing channels including; case studies, white papers, website, social, email, targeted campaigns, events and press releases.
- Self-edit and proof to ensure information is factually and grammatically correct and, most importantly, on brand.
- For the website, produce well-written content that is SEO friendly and optimized to drive conversion.
- Work closely with Account Based Marketing team to develop campaign content for targeted industry verticals.
- Work closely with Insights team and Sales teams to develop case studies and edit insights content prior to publication.
Develop and implement Public Relations Strategy and Annual Plan to build brand awareness, consideration and preference:
- Establish goals and metrics for public relations messaging.
- Manage relationships with external public relations agencies.
- Establish an influencer strategy and tactical plan in collaboration with Sales and Marketing.
What we are looking for...
- Written communication skills: Ideal candidate will have experience in communicating complex topics in an engaging manner. Ideally some prior experience in debit/credit card and/or payments processing, but not essential.
- Intellectual curiosity: Ability and interest to develop understanding of complex industry content.
- Research skills: Able to conduct research to inform public relations strategy and plans.
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills: Able to establish strong relationships based on professionalism and respect, working effectively with a wide range of stakeholders within CMSPI and its clients and partners.
Flexibility and Agility: Ability to write quickly, accurately, and creatively under pressure.
Able to adapt to change and make last-minute revisions based on business needs and direction.
- Project management skills: Able to manage a wide range of projects simultaneously, juggle multiple deliverables and meet deadlines.
- Industry knowledge: Experience in working with the media, public relations industry. Ideal candidate will have established relationships with media publications. Understanding of Financial Services landscape is preferred. Deep understanding of key social/digital channels including LinkedIn.
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree with major or minor in communications, journalism, English, advertising, marketing, or commensurate professional experience in those fields
- Experience: Minimum five years experience writing copy for companies, ideally for professional services companies.
What we can offer you...
- 100% healthcare coverage for each employee plus low-cost dental and vision and options to upgrade for you & your family.
- HSA and FSA eligible medical plans.
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company match of up to 5% after 90 days of employment.
- Annual company bonus plan based on defined KPIs.
- Comprehensive, payments industry training by in-house experts.
- Quarterly values award for all employees – with a financial prize.
- Regular companywide socials and team building events.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Commuter Benefits.
- 15 days of Paid time off (PTO), 5 days of sick time, 8 paid company holidays, and discretionary office closure during the holiday season.
- Marketing & Creative Services
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
- Employment level
Brand Communications Manager
Loading application form
Already working at CMSPI?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.