Director of People Operations
JOB ROLE: Director of People Operations
LOCATION: Based out of our Atlanta office with the flexibility to work from home and travel to our other global offices when needed.
REPORTING TO: Chief People Success Officer (based in Atlanta)
This is a key role in building and maintaining our culture of growth, continuous learning, excellence, and collaboration to create amazing results for our clients worldwide. As a high performing consultancy, our people are the competitive advantage. People success translates to our clients’ success, and ultimately to our organizational success.
We are looking for a passionate and driven Director of People Operations to join our dynamic team. The incumbent will operate as a trusted global business partner to drive people operations in alignment with company objectives. The candidate will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations, touching on and collaborating with multiple disciplines such as People Experience, HR systems and reporting, compensation, People Attraction, and People Development. The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of people operations and/or HR business partner experience in a start-up environment with a proven record of getting things done.
What will you be doing...
- Coach and work as a trusted business partner to global leaders to improve retention and sustain people success.
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Champion collaborative cross-functional relationships to ensure the successful onboarding/offboarding of our people and efficient people/system transactions.
- Lead development of executive and management reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Own employee engagement surveys including implementation, follow up to review and analyze feedback, development of actions in partnership with the business, and measurement of impact of actions.
- Manage global employee relations matters (across North America, Europe & Asia-Pac) ensuring legal compliance, objectivity, empathy, and best practice.
- Work with the People Success team to address global compensation and benefits issues, and support annual processes to review and enhance as necessary to remain competitive in our markets.
- Drive policy creation, maintenance, and handbook reviews/updates ensuring employment law compliance in all jurisdictions.
- Support the office manager(s) to drive our core CMSPI values, culture, company morale, and well-being initiatives.
What we are looking for...
- You've done this before—you have experience in a high-growth environment with constant change as your companion; 8+ years of experience working as an HR Business Partner, HR Manager, or similar role.
- A clear understanding of Human Resources practices and legal requirements including knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems.
- Working knowledge of the critical components of a successful HR department including employment law, performance management, resolving conflict, having difficult conversations, employee engagement, maintaining employee files, and managing operational budgets.
- Strong values with a clear inner core of purpose-driven leadership.
- Strong problem solving, reporting and analytical skills. Skilled in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyze problems at a senior level, providing feedback, recommendations, and direction.
- Clear, strong verbal communication and consulting skills. Demonstrated ability to work at the senior leadership level.
- Well-developed writing and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly across all levels of an organization.
- Discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality. Demonstrated ability to listen, analyze and inform appropriately while maintaining the required sensibilities in handling confidential information.
- Generous team player who collaborates well, can lead or follow depending on the context and provides opportunities for others to shine. Creative leader of change and ability to gain support and commitment of others.
- International exposure and professional service firm experience would be helpful but not essential.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree with demonstrated ability to understand the language of business.
What we can offer you..
- 100% healthcare coverage for each employee plus low-cost dental and vision and options to upgrade for you & your family
- HSA and FSA eligible medical plans
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company match of up to 5% after 90 days of employment
- Annual company bonus plan based on company & individual performance
- Comprehensive, payments industry training by in-house experts
- Quarterly values award for all employees – with a financial prize
- Regular company wide socials and team building events
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Commuter Benefits
- 15 days of Paid time off (PTO), 5 days of sick time, 8 paid company holidays, and discretionary office closure during the holiday season
- People Success Team
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
Director of People Operations
Loading application form
Already working at CMSPI?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.