JOB ROLE: Payments Analyst
LOCATION: Manchester office - hybrid working schedule with the opportunity to travel to other global CMSPI offices or client site, when required.
REPORTING TO: Team Manager
At CMSPI we are working with some of the most exciting brands and retailers, both in Europe and internationally. This is a truly unique opportunity to work for an ambitious global business, with teams growing across our 5 offices, Manchester, San Diego, Atlanta, Dusseldorf and Sydney.
As a Payments Analyst you will be able to play an integral role in our client-facing project teams working with consultants. Working alongside a team of global analysts to delight clients with your findings throughout the lifecycle of assigned projects. Participate in meeting with clients, in person and virtually to provide in-depth, detailed, investigative analysis of our clients’ payments ecosystems.
We are interested in candidates who:
- are true self-starters
- have strong numerical & problem-solving skills
- are creative thinkers
- have some demonstrable work experience.
CMSPI is committed to investing in and developing our people and the role offers the opportunity to become a true payments expert with commensurate remuneration. You will be based out of our Manchester office but will have the opportunity to travel to other offices and client sites. Normal working hours will be 9 am - 5 pm Monday to Friday, however, working outside these hours may be necessary at times. We operate a hybrid schedule and will expect you to work from the office at least 2 days a week.
What will you be doing...
The successful applicant will play a vital role in leading the analysis of Global client projects assigned to them by the Team Manager from start to finish. A successful Payments Analyst will take ownership of the following:
- In-depth and complex analysis of client payment supply chains, both internal and external processes and costs using mathematical models, available benchmarking data and knowledge of industries.
- Analysis of complex data for multi-national clients using SQL, Excel and Power BI tools.
- Using CMSPI methodologies and entrepreneurial initiative to suggest opportunities and improvements to client arrangements and support these with detailed analysis.
- Looking at driving process improvements internally to promote efficient data analysis and ultimately drive further value in client projects.
- Work closely with consultants in the management and coordination of projects to ensure deadlines are met. Highly motivated to meet tight deadlines and analysis standards to deliver maximum value to clients.
- Gain a thorough understanding of each of the markets that CMSPI operates in.
- Producing accurate reports to communicate back to clients through various methods including Excel, PowerBI, written reports, and presentations.
- Accompany consultants to client meetings to present on analysis as well as providing technical and analytical support.
- Collaborate with consultants on production of negotiation and tender documentation to be sent to suppliers of clients with responsibility for written documentation, appendices, and pricing tables.
- Review of commercial contracts and SLA’s for CMSPI and client.
What we are looking for...
- Educated to degree level (Preferably either in Mathematics or a related degree with a high level of numeracy) is highly desirable
- Some demonstrable work experience in an analytical and/or commercial role
- Strong analytical and research skills with the ability to apply logic, creativity, and problem-solving techniques.
- Proficient with MS Office software with strong skills and experience in Microsoft Excel with some experience in SQL & Power BI is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills and a professional manner.
- Appetite to learn about the principles of project management.
- Strong written, presentation and organisational skills, ability to manage and prioritise multiple initiatives, applying flexibility when needed.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Fluency in English – written and spoken (essential); Other language skills is desirable but not essential to fulfilling the role.
What we can offer you...
- Competitive annual company bonus - based on both company and personal performance.
- Private health care benefits including discounted gym memberships through Vitality healthcare (after 6-month probation)
- Very generous non-contributory pension plan
- Regular company-wide and team-based social events
- Quarterly employee values award program with financial prize
- Flexitime after passing 6-month probation and the ability to work from home from day 1.
- Discretionary & performance related awarding of company share options.
- Comprehensive payments industry training delivered both in-person and online.
- A genuine opportunity to develop your career with on-demand training via our LMS, plus your professional development supported through our external training partners.
- European Analyst Team
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
Loading application form
Already working at CMSPI?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.