PMO Manager - Consulting
JOB ROLE: PMO Manager - Consulting
LOCATION: Based out of our Atlanta office with the flexibility to work from home and travel to our other global offices.
REPORTING TO: SVP of Global Delivery
The Manager of CMSPI’s Project Management Office will lead the PMO department and will be responsible for designing and assuring the framework within which consulting projects are created, managed and completed. You will create methodologies that encourage more seamless and time efficient management of client engagements that result in high-quality deliverables.
The main focus of the PMO Manager will be to ensure successful completion of projects and to monitor the impact and effectiveness of the procedures implemented so we can achieve consistency, repeatability and clear best practices understood and adopted by the wider business. The Head of PMO will assess day-to-day activities on projects and engagements to assess progress against KPIs and milestones.
What will you be doing...
- Designing and implementing a center-of-excellence program, consulting project delivery methodologies, processes and tools.
- Provide best practice approaches in areas such as governance, resourcing, risk management and planning.
- Gain and maintain a deep understanding of the organization’s strategy, culture, and client base.
- Bridge the gap between the company’s primary stakeholders and the project / account management teams.
- Provide oversight of key projects ensuring consistency of approach in consulting project delivery – mentoring and coaching as necessary.
- Leading a small team of PMO analysts to provide key management information to the organization which will drive strategic decision making in consulting project delivery.
- Responsible for the identification, tracking and management of portfolio progress and risk, and regularly reporting on this to the business.
- Will work closely with the Director of People Performance and the SVP of Global Delivery in capacity planning and skills requirements.
What we are looking for...
KEY SKILLS/PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- Ability to create actionable plans which provide standards for undertaking projects in a structured and repeatable way,
- Strategic thinker with the ability to take a broad view of the business to anticipate and plan for the future.
- Able to identify the focus and define at what points the PMO should influence, what capabilities and management systems are required and how to succeed.
- Proven experience of embracing and initiating change, ability to distinguish what to preserve and what to change. Will have the courage to initiate and lead changes to drive success.
- Able to build collaborative relationships across functions based on trust and respect. Promotes the inclusion of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
- Proactively seeks out information, data and clarity needed to enable strong decision making.
- 5+ years relevant industry experience in Professional Services Project Management, Portfolio Management, or Enterprise PMO.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Power BI and PowerPoint, and demonstrable experience of undertaking and summarizing statistical analysis of multiple data sources.
- Strong knowledge of Project Management disciplines and tools (e.g., PRINCE2, Agile PM).
- Experience working in Smartsheet, Salesforce or other PPM tools are desirable.
What can we offer you?
- 100% healthcare coverage for each employee plus low-cost dental and vision and options to upgrade for you & your family.
- HSA and FSA eligible medical plans.
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company match of up to 5% after 90 days of employment.
- Annual company bonus plan based on company & individual performance.
- Comprehensive, payments industry training by in-house experts.
- Quarterly values award for all employees – with a financial prize.
- Regular company wide socials and team building events.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Commuter Benefits.
- 15 days of Paid time off (PTO), 5 days of sick time, 8 paid company holidays, and discretionary office closure during the holiday season.
How will success in this role be measured?
- Measurement of consulting projects delivered against milestone targets.
- Identifying and implementing a new project management system plus adapting current system used.
- Formulation of methodologies and best practice framework to instruct how projects are executed.
- Ensure the smooth handover of projects so that they are delivered in the right way.
- Global Consultancy
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
PMO Manager - Consulting
Loading application form
Already working at CMSPI?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.