JOB ROLE: Analytics Engineer
LOCATION: Role based in Manchester, UK with the flexibility to work from home
REPORTING TO: Analytics Engineering Manager
DIMENSION OF THE ROLE
CMSPI is growing to become the payments consultancy of choice for international merchants, and we are looking for the very best people to join us on this exciting journey. We have made tremendous steps toward recognising the power of data across our company. As an organisation, our key differentiator is our independent analytics, which we use to help our clients transform the payments experiences of their customers. We know our greatest asset is our data, but there is so much more we could be doing! This is where we are hoping you come in…
We are looking for a talented Analytics Engineer who is passionate about data and insights, is a creative problem solver and wants to lead from the front in aligning our data systems with business goals. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build products that are revolutionary, using the data we have access to and instrumental in implementing the data models that fuel our products around cost, approvals, and fraud. As our next Analytics Engineer, you will be vital in creating and presenting insightful analytics in the form of dashboards and reports.
You will be based out of our office in Manchester, UK and work closely with our data team and the wider business based out of Atlanta, San Diego, Dusseldorf and Sydney. Normal working hours will be 9 am - 5 pm Monday to Friday, however, working outside these hours may be necessary at times. We also have a hybrid working model so you have the flexibility to work from home, from day 1.
What can we offer you...
- Competitive base salary
- Health care package including discounted
gym membership and other rewards from Vitality healthcare
- Very generous company pension plan
- Comprehensive, six-month payments industry training plan
- Quarterly company values awards with a financial prize
- Excellent annual bonus based on company & personal performance
- Sociable, open plan office environment with company-wide activities
- Genuine opportunity to progress your career, including performance-related external training
What we are looking for...
Educated to bachelor’s degree level with a minimum 2:1 in Mathematics, Computer Science or another relevant analytical field.
- Previous experience as a Data Analytics Engineer (Business or Data Analyst).
- Knowledge of programming languages; Python. Proven experience of using Python in previous role's daily tasks/responsibilities is essential for this role.
- SQL experience.
- Knowledge and experience of visualization tools, e.g., Power BI, Tableau, Excel etc.
Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of programming languages; Scala, Spark
- Experience with Azure Data Lake, Databricks
What will you be doing...
Our next Analytics Engineer will transform raw transactional payments data into tabular reporting data used in the production of engaging visualization products. The applicant will be involved in, and take ownership of, the following activities:
• Design Tabular data models using Star/ Snowflake schema.
• Design Azure Databricks notebooks to ingest and display Tabular data.
• Build Power BI dashboards and reports for internal and external customers.
• Assist with ad hoc product data requests from internal customers.
• Conduct complex data analysis and be able to explain complex technical concepts to management, illustrating passion for making data tell a story.
• Work closely with the wider central data team to support the development of new products, that are providing new & commercially focused insights into our payments data.