JOB ROLE: Senior Platform Product Manager
LOCATION: Manchester, U.K. - Flexible hybrid working model of 2 days a week in the office (for this position we are happy to be more flexible)
Ever wondered why making a payment to purchase something goes wrong, so often? Frustrating, isn’t it?
Whenever we make a payment - whether online in a shop - the transaction travels through an increasingly complex process. The complexity for merchants of ensuring their transactions go through successfully and at the lowest transaction cost is the reason that companies from Nike to Abercombie & Fitch to Lululemon come to CMSPI.
As the Product Manager of the CMSPI platform, you will become an expert in our current service and product offerings, the expert in the needs of our users and the roles and responsibilities of those you will work with to deliver the future of CMSPI as you build out the platform that will heavily optimise payments processing, making the global payments industry more productive, eliminate those payment failures and creating better outcomes for merchants and all of us as consumers.
We are seeking an experienced, driven, senior technical product manager who is passionate about improving CMSPI’s productivity and defining the next-generation products for how data is ingested, stored, and consumed by products across the business.
Working directly with our in-house team of data engineers, data scientists and analytics engineers, you will be an integral part of redesigning our company from the ground up as an incredibly efficient, data-driven technology company.
What we are looking for...
- Although a technical product, you will thrive if you take a user centric approach to product management - focused on delivering genuine value for the business.
- Evangelising (internally and/or externally) your vision for the CMSPI platform that you will be responsible for - you need to get the business (and those product managers creating products on top of your platform) excited and supporting everything you deliver.
- A demonstrable ability to understand the needs/strategy of the business and the market around it and to ensure that everything you do, and the team delivers is aligned with these.
- A data and user driven approach to product management - you won’t make decisions based solely on hunches, you will validate your decisions with data as much as possible.
- Happy working in partnership with the company’s technical lead and data team - working together to produce the industry’s leading data platform.
- A pragmatic and strategic mindset that will ensure that the resources of the company are precisely used to deliver optimum value to our customers while maximising turnover and profit.
- A strong technical understanding/ability to communicate with technical and other product team members to lead everyone to deliver the best possible products.
- Leading delivery teams in a truly agile environment - releasing new product increments regularly, testing with customers and iterating to constantly improve.
- Excellent collaboration skills with an ability to gain the respect/buy-in from the data team, your product colleagues and our clients.
- A strong communicator and good listener, able to present ideas coherently leading to achieving a consensus, even where stakeholders are from a diverse range of business areas and seniority.
- Data Warehouse experience and working knowledge of the challenges of working with large datasets from ingestion to reporting is going to help significantly with this role.
- Comfortable diving from your strategic vision/plan into the detail of helping the team through writing up your ideas as user stories and providing the team with the background they need to bring them with you.
What we can offer you...
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent annual bonus based on company & personal performance
- Health care package including discounted
- Very generous non-contributory company pension plan
- Comprehensive, six-month payments industry training
- Quarterly company values awards with a financial prize
- Sociable, open-plan office environment with company-wide activities