JOB ROLE: Analytics Engineer
LOCATION: Role based in Atlanta, Georgia with the flexibility to work from home
REPORTING TO: Data Analytics Manager
DIMENSION OF THE ROLE
CMSPI is growing to become the payments consultancy of choice for international merchants, and we are looking for the very best people to join us on this exciting journey. We have made tremendous steps towards recognizing the power of data across our company. As an organization our key differentiator is our independent analytics, that we use to help our clients transform the payments experience of their customers. We know our greatest asset is our data, but there is so much more we could be doing! Which is where we are hoping you come in…
We are looking for a talented Analytics Engineer who is passionate about data and insights, is a creative problem solver and wants to lead from the front in aligning our data systems with business goals. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build products that are revolutionary, using the data we have access to and instrumental in
implementing the data models that fuel our products around cost, approvals, and fraud. As our next Analytics Engineer, you will be vital in creating and presenting insightful analytics in the form of dashboards and reports.
You will be based out of our office in Atlanta, Georgia and work closely with our data team based in the UK and the wider global business. Normal working hours will be 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday, however, working outside these hours may be necessary at times
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Very generous 401k
- Excellent annual company bonus based on both company and individual performance
- Comprehensive, six-month payments industry training plan
- Quarterly company values awards with a financial prize
- Sociable, open plan office environment with company-wide activities
- Genuine opportunity to progress your career, including performance related external training
CMSPI (www.cmspi.com) is growing to become the world’s leading data-driven payments consultancy of choice for international merchants and we’re looking for the very best people to join us on this journey.
The payments industry has seen huge changes over the past 5 years, and accepting transactions is no longer seen as a commodity in itself, instead, merchants are able to directly impact their performance by harnessing the potential of their payments supply chain.
CMSPI increase merchant profitability by working with our client’s payments supply chains and focus on the productivity of each transaction: increasing digital revenues, reducing ecommerce fraud and reducing the cost of accepting payments altogether.
We boast an enviable merchant portfolio and our services are trusted by many of the world’s most recognizable brands including: Hilton, Starbucks, Trader Joe’s, Nike, Marathon, Marriott Hotels, McDonald’s Restaurants, Chevron, and many more.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Educated to bachelor’s degree level in Statistics, Mathematics, or relevant analytical
• Knowledge of programming languages; Python, SQL
• Knowledge of visualization tools: Power BI
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills
• 1+ years previous experience as a Analytics Engineer
• Knowledge of programming languages; Scala, Spark
• Experience with Azure Data Lake, Databricks
• Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or relevant analytical field
CMSPI has grown at an exponential rate in the past five years across North America and Europe and the successful
applicant will have a vital role in continuing this growth. Our next Analytics Engineer will transform raw transactional payments
data into tabular reporting data used in the production of engaging visualization products.
The applicant will be involved in, and take ownership of, the following activities:
• Design Tabular data models using Star/ Snowflake schema
• Design Azure Databrick notebooks to ingest and display Tabular data
• Build Power BI dashboards and reports for internal and external customers
• Assist with ad hoc product data requests from internal customers.
• Conduct complex data analysis and be able to explain complex technical concepts to management, illustrating
passion for making data tell a story.
• Use statistical methods to identify anomalies and opportunities within reporting data.
• Work closely with the wider central data team to support the development of new products, that are providing
new & commercially focused insights into our payments data.