JOB ROLE: Payments Analyst (German-speaking)
REPORTING TO: Head of EUR & APAC Analysis
LOCATION: Düsseldorf office, with the flexibility to work remotely from home and travel to other CMSPI offices as and when required.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to work for an ambitious, global business and join our continually expanding payments project delivery team, who partner with blue-chip & FTSE 100 retailers and merchants across Europe. A well-remunerated analyst position that plays an integral part in our 30% year on year growth and focuses on providing in-depth & detailed analysis of our clients’ payments ecosystem. You will work in a team of European analysts alongside our payments consultants, providing support throughout the lifecycle of each project.
We are interested in candidates who are true self-starters that have strong creativity, data analysis, and problem-solving skills with demonstrable work experience.
CMSPI is committed to investing in and developing our people and the role offers the opportunity to become a true payments expert with commensurate remuneration. You will be based out of our Düsseldorf office but will have the opportunity to work out of our Manchester office too. Normal working hours will be 9 am - 5 pm Monday to Friday, however, working outside these hours may be necessary at times.
The successful applicant will have a vital role in leading the analysis of European client projects from start to finish. A successful Payments Analyst will take ownership of the following:
- In-depth and complex analysis of client payment supply chains, both internal and external processes and costs using mathematical models, available benchmarking data and knowledge of industries
- Analysis of complex client data from multiple European countries and languages (knowledge of another European language, in addition to German, is not essential but highly desirable)
- Using CMSPI methodologies and own initiative to suggest opportunities and improvements to client arrangements and support these with detailed analysis.
- Looking at driving process improvements internally to promote efficient data analysis and ultimately drive further value in client projects.
- Work closely with consultants in the management and coordination of projects to ensure deadlines are met.
- Gain a thorough understanding of each of the markets that CMSPI operates in
- Producing accurate reports to communicate back to clients through various media including Excel, written reports, and presentations.
- Attending client meetings to provide technical and analytical support.
- Production of negotiation and tender documentation to be sent to suppliers of clients with full responsibility for written documentation, appendices, and pricing tables.
- Ensuring that all parties, both internal and external, are completing actions on time and chasing to keep all projects on time and to plan.
- Review of commercial contracts and SLA’s for CMSPI and client.
- Educated to degree level with minimum 2.3 GPA (2:1 in the U.K) from a German University or European equivalent (Preferably either in Mathematics, Economics, the Sciences, or a related degree with a high level of numeracy)
- At least 6-12 months of commercial work experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply logic, creativity, and problem-solving techniques.
- Strong skills and experience in Microsoft Excel
- Competency in all major Microsoft Office software
- Excellent communication skills
- Appetite to learn about the principles of project management.
- Strong organisational skills, able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks at any one time.
- Professional manner
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to speak and write in German and English proficiently
- Competitive base salary
- Six-months payments industry and personalised training plan
- Quarterly Values award program
- 25 days holiday + Christmas office shutdown
- Very generous annual bonus based on company & individual performance.
- Sociable office environment with company-wide activities
- Genuine opportunity to progress your career, including performance-related external training