POSITION: Head of Network, Acquirer, & Gateway Relationships
REPORTING TO: Head of Strategic Partnerships
LOCATION: Based in Atlanta, Georgia OR San Diego, CA office with the flexibility to work from home.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of CMSPI's growing Strategic Partnerships team. This role will own developing a strategy for long-term CMSPI global engagement with networks, acquires, and gateways (“connectors”), as well as building and maintaining these partner relationships. This role will ensure strategic “connector” payment partner relationships support CMSPI's engagement with global merchant clients.
The successful applicant will work closely with our Data team on streamlining and automating data access partnerships with acquirers and other entities who manage merchant client transaction data. This person will also work very closely with the global Consultant teams to support supplier engagement on RFP processes, developing appropriate feedback loops with partners, and understanding partner roadmaps to ensure merchant clients are aware of the productive opportunities available to them. We are looking for someone who will be excited to be a public spokesperson for CMSPIs engagement with supply chain partners.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive base salary
- 100% healthcare coverage per employee
- Excellent 401k company plan
- Very generous annual company bonus plan
- Company-wide social and team building events
- Comprehensive, six-month payments industry training
- Quarterly values award program
- A genuine opportunity to develop your career, including performance-related external training.
Who are we looking for?
- Payment industry experience of 10 to 15 years
- A working background in relationship management and/or business development
- A strong background in network, acquirer and/or gateway processes and merchant payment acceptance
- Educated to degree level
- Professional demeanour
- Competency in all major Microsoft Office software
- Strong drive and motivation to succeed
What will you be doing?
CMSPI has grown at an exponential rate in the past five years across North America and Europe. The successful applicant will have a vital role in continuing this growth by continuing to develop our Strategic Partnership activities.
The applicant will be involved in, and take ownership of, the following activities:
- Developing the long-term global engagement strategy for CMSPI with networks, acquirers, and gateways
- Building and managing global network, acquirer, and gateway relationships.
- Establishing a regular cadence for engagement with strategic partners.
- Improving & automating data ingestion processes with supply chain partners.
- Navigating strategic partners to support CMSPI team member payment partner engagement where needed (i.e., RFPs, on behalf of a merchant client, to understand product roadmaps)
- Engaging with strategic merchant accounts to support business optimization/improved payment performance for clients.
- Developing commercialization opportunities with partners while retaining CMSPIs independence.
- Supporting the Insights & Advocacy team market research and reporting on payment network, acquirer, and gateway dynamics.
- Analysing network rule update impacts on merchant clients and supply chain partners.
- Managing internal data sets and contacts for global networks, acquirers, and gateways.