ROLE: Business Development Executive
REPORTING TO: Head of ABM (Account Based Marketing)
LOCATION: Düsseldorf office, with the flexibility to work remotely from home.
CMSPI has grown at an exponential rate over the past five years across the globe. We are currently expanding our DACH operation to reflect our success in the region. The increasing complexity of payments within the DACH region means that merchants need expert advice, and CMSPI is uniquely placed to become the number one consultancy of choice. Our approach to business development is based on our strategic content marketing (Account Based Marketing - ABM), which we use to secure long-term partnerships with prospects.
Our business development team is an incredibly vital part of our sales process and often the first point of contact our prospects have with CMSPI. As a Business Development Executive at CMSPI, you will be responsible for generating engagement and conversations with senior decision-makers, which will ultimately help the company achieve its ambitious revenue and growth targets. The role is key in gaining commitment from executives (including CFOs, Finance Directors and Treasurers) from global, top-tier merchants to arrange sales meetings and work with the country manager to convert into commercial opportunities worth six/seven figure sums.
The role is well-remunerated with an excellent commission structure that aligns with meetings attended and revenue made from projects delivered. Normal hours will be 9 am - 5 pm Monday to Friday, but with an expectation to work outside these hours when necessary.
- An excellent commission structure based on meetings attended
- A very generous annual company bonus - based on both team and personal performance
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days holiday + Christmas office shutdown
- Quarterly employee award program
- A genuine opportunity to develop your career with opportunities for external training and qualifications
What will you be doing...
The main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Email and gain commitment from finance executives of companies matching CMSPI’s target criteria.
- Pitch our services in an articulate and engaging way through our sales channels.
- Work towards targets based on meetings booked.
- Create and nurture engagement with a portfolio of blue-chip companies.
- Take ownership of marketing and business development initiatives to penetrate portfolio (in collaboration with marketing, CRM, and design teams)
- Desire and aptitude to understand the business needs of our potential clients.
- Genuine desire to learn about the complexities of the payments industry and how it affects merchants, and ability to translate this into an effective sales pitch
- Communicate and liaise with executives during conference calls with the field sales and consultancy team.
- Utilise our CRM tools to ensure efficient workflow.
- Work closely with the field sales team, Head of ABM, marketing and commercial teams.
What we are looking for...
- 1-2 years working in a B2B business development or ABM-focussed business development role, preferably selling a service or software.
- Educated to degree level with a minimum 2.3 grade (Marketing, Business, English or other essay-based discipline preferred)
- Outstanding track record of exceeding targets and ability to evidence success with ABM.
- A good commercial awareness with the ability to instinctively identify opportunities.
- Experience of using a varied approach to secure business (via emails, campaigns, social media, telephone)
- Ability to work across departments to create content for strategic accounts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Professional demeanour and persuasive manner
- Competency in all major Microsoft Office software