ROLE: European Payments Consultant
REPORTING TO: European Consultant Team Manager
LOCATION: Düsseldorf office, with the flexibility to work from home and travel to clients across the DACH region as and when needed.
CMSPI’s European Consultancy team has an enviable client portfolio across an array of industries and has positioned themselves as trusted advisors for merchants with complex payments requirements. Our team is made up of client-facing payments experts who are also skilled relationship managers, delivering projects which have generated savings of up to six-seven figures. This has made a significant contribution to CMSPI’s 30% year on year growth and with plans to expand our European offering, growing our consultancy team is essential to this success.
The successful candidate will become a key member of the European consultancy team managing client projects and relationships across a portfolio of European merchants, working to review and optimise their payments arrangements. A successful European payments consultant will make significant contribution to company revenue and profit. Joining our team in Düsseldorf you will be trained remotely and there will also be the opportunity to travel to our head office in Manchester, UK to train and work with our team based there.
Normal hours will be 9 am-5 pm Monday to Friday, however, when necessary, you will be expected to work outside these hours.
- An excellent commission scheme based on revenue generated
- A very generous annual company bonus - based on both team and personal performance
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days holiday + Christmas office shutdown
- Quarterly employee award program
- A genuine opportunity to develop your career with opportunities for external training and qualifications
What will you be doing...
- Initial 6 months, whilst working as a consultant will be spent learning the role of the project delivery team, understanding the complex data analysis as well as shadowing senior consultants.
- Responsible for managing and driving current and new income opportunities through a client portfolio of 10-15 clients in line with agreed targets.
- Lead client projects from successful sale through to completion of project and collection of relevant fees
- All client projects require consultants to:
- Oversee and critique all qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Prepare professional presentations and present findings to clients.
- Negotiate directly with suppliers.
- Prepare any tender or contractual documentation required to support the project.
- Calculate any fees due to CMSPI arising from the project and ensure accuracy of invoices raised.
- Effectively manage all client communication throughout the project
- Target opportunities for cross sales.
- Share project learnings with the wider team.
- Become the product expert on all matters concerning the payments market.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across many departments including Analysts, Consultants, Business Development and the Economics teams.
- Where required, attend relevant seminars, conferences and webinars.
What we are looking for...
- Educated to degree level with a minimum 2.3 grade (preferably in Mathematics, Economics, or a Business-related degree)
- Minimum 2 years of commercial, client-facing experience in a; Consultant, Relationship Management, Commercial or Project Manager role
- Experience in pitching to C-Suite Executives is highly desirable.
- Excellent public speaking skills and genuinely enjoys delivering presentations.
- Excellent ability to persuade and negotiate.
- Strong organisational skills, able to manage and prioritise multiple projects at any one time.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Performance focused with a desire to succeed and drive company revenue.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to self-manage.
- Strong competency in Microsoft Excel and other major Microsoft Office programs