This is a truly exciting opportunity to work for an ambitious, global business and join our continually expanding payments project delivery team, who partner with blue-chip & FTSE 100 retailers and merchants across Europe. A well-remunerated analyst position that plays an integral part in our 30% year on year growth and focuses on providing in-depth & detailed analysis of our clients’ payment arrangements. You will work in a team of European analysts alongside our payments consultants, providing support throughout the lifecycle of each project.
We are interested in candidates who are true self-starters that have strong creativity, numeracy and problem-solving skills with some demonstrable work experience.
CMSPI is committed to investing in and developing our people and the role offers the opportunity to become a true payments expert with commensurate remuneration. You will be based out of our Manchester office but will have the opportunity to work out of our Düsseldorf office too. Normal working hours will be 9 am - 5 pm Monday to Friday, however, working outside these hours may be necessary at times.
What will you be doing...
The successful applicant will have a vital role in leading the analysis of European client projects assigned to them by the Analyst Team Manager from start to finish. A successful Payments Analyst will take ownership of the following:
- In-depth and complex analysis of client payment supply chains, both internal and external processes and costs using mathematical models, available benchmarking data and knowledge of industries
- Analysis of complex client data from multiple European countries and languages (knowledge of another European language isn't essential but highly desirable)
- Using CMSPI methodologies and own initiative to suggest opportunities and improvements to client arrangements and support these with detailed analysis
- Looking at driving process improvements internally to promote efficient data analysis and ultimately drive further value in client projects
- Work closely with consultants in the management and coordination of projects to ensure deadlines are met
- Gain a thorough understanding of each of the markets that CMSPI operates in
- Producing accurate reports to communicate back to clients through various media including Excel, written reports and presentations
- Accompany consultants to client meetings to provide technical and analytical support
- Production of negotiation and tender documentation to be sent to suppliers of clients with full responsibility for written documentation, appendices and pricing tables
- Ensuring that all parties, both internal and external, are completing actions on time and chasing to keep all projects on time and to plan
- Review of commercial contracts and SLA’s for CMSPI and client
What we are looking for...
- Educated to degree level with minimum 2:1 or European equivalent (Preferably either in Mathematics, Economics, the Sciences, or a related degree with a high level of numeracy)
- Some demonstrable work experience either from internships or other
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply logic, creativity and problem-solving techniques
- Strong skills and experience in Microsoft Excel
- Competency in all major Microsoft Office software
- Excellent communication skills
- Appetite to learn about the principles of project management
- Strong organisational skills, able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks at any one time
- Professional manner
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to speak a European language proficiently; German and/or Spanish is highly desirable but not essential to fulfilling the role
What we are offering...
- Excellent base salary
- Very competitive annual company bonus - based on both company and personal performance
- Private health care benefits including 50% gym discount (after 6-month probation)
- Very generous non-contributory pension plan
- Company-wide social events (currently all virtual!)
- Discretionary project related incentives
- The quarterly employee award program
- Flexi-time after passing 6-month probation
- Discretionary awarding of company share options
- A genuine opportunity to develop your career with opportunities for external training and qualifications e.g. language classes