POSITION: Fraud Analyst
REPORTING TO: Head of Ecommerce
LOCATION: Atlanta, Georgia
Our growing Ecommerce team is looking for an ambitious fraud analyst to support its growth. A genuine opportunity to help shape one of CMSPI’s most exciting service offerings, Ecommerce optimization, which assists our online retailers and Ecommerce merchants in the authentication of payments, fraud, chargebacks, and payment supply-chain management.
Reporting to the Head of Ecommerce you will be responsible for producing high-quality analysis of client fraud rates, highlighting opportunities for improvement against CMSPI benchmarks, and independent and holistic comparison of fraud provider solutions. You will also play a pivotal role in developing our Ecommerce products, utilizing your existing knowledge of the payments industry with a strong focus on fraud and scoping out additional opportunities. Normal working hours will be 9 am - 5 pm Monday to Friday, however, working outside these hours may be necessary at times.
What will you be doing...
In recent months, the number of client engagements for the Ecommerce team has grown significantly and will continue to do so over the next 12 months. Our next fraud analyst will be a true “ideas person” and will take the lead on all analysis for projects assigned to them by the Head of Ecommerce. The successful applicant will focus on the following:
- Analysis of fraud rates, chargeback rates and transaction approval rates for our merchants.
- Take ownership on producing fraud benchmarking reports and assisting with presenting this back to merchants.
- Analyse and compare fraud provider solutions as part of the RFP/tender processes.
- Attend client meetings with the Head of Ecommerce and Ecommerce consultants to support the presentation and explanation of complex or technical concepts.
- Providing analytical and technical advice to clients regarding fraud screening.
- Opportunity to analyse hundreds of millions of rows of rich, transaction level data on a daily basis.
- Utilize CMSPI’s most advanced technologies.
- Genuine opportunity to be the subject matter expert in everything fraud related and progress into a fraud analyst team manager role or fraud consultant.
What we are looking for...
- Desire to work in a high performing environment where you are challenged.
- Desire to work with senior stakeholders at leading global Ecommerce retailers.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of commercial business experience. Highly desirable from the payments industry especially within the fraud space, but not essential.
- Desire to expand current knowledge of the payments industry.
- Educated to degree level with minimum 3.3 GPA (Preferably either in Business Administration, Finance, or a related degree with a high level of numeracy)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply logic, creativity, and problem-solving techniques.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to self-manage.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Some project management experience with an appetite to develop skills further.
- Professional manner
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
What we are offering...
- Competitive base salary
- Private health care contributions
- Excellent 401k company plan
- Very competitive company bonus scheme
- Company-wide social events (currently all virtual!)
- Comprehensive, six-month development plan
- Quarterly employee award program
- Flexi-time after passing 6-month probation
- Discretionary awarding of company share options