Job role: Analyst
Reporting to: Head of Client Development, Asia Pacific
CMSPI is growing to become the world’s leading payments consultancy of choice, currently the market leader in the UK and USA. CMSPI helps large multinational retailers and merchants to optimise their payments arrangements. This includes analysing traditional means of payments, such as cash and debit/credit cards, and new payment types such as digital wallets and mobile apps. We are true experts in our field and there is no other company in the world that comes close to doing what we can do. We are looking for the very best people to join us on this journey!
We boast an enviable client portfolio, and our services are trusted by some of the world’s most recognisable brands across industries such as hospitality, luxury retail, fast food, fuel, and quick store convenience.
Our Asia Pacific team is looking for an ambitious analyst to support its rapid growth. Reporting to the Head of Client Development, Asia Pacific, you will be responsible for producing high-quality analysis of client data, finding and highlighting opportunities in the region, and providing detailed research into payments markets and new payment methods.
What will you be doing…
The successful analyst will exclusively take ownership of, and lead or support the analysis of Asia Pacific client projects.
Your first 6 weeks will be spent completing our bespoke training programme to get you familiar with the key aspects of the payments industry. During your initial analyst training program, you will quickly be exposed to live client projects and learn alongside our expert payments consultants and analysts. You will receive comprehensive training in the CMSPI method of analysing the way businesses accept payments, from their customers, as well as gaining exposure to every area of our business. Once you are up and running you will assist the team with a focus on the following:
- Producing high-quality analysis to support Asia Pacific client projects.
- Analysing APAC data at a macro level, including all CMSPI client data to highlight new trends and opportunities.
- Producing thorough research and insights to drive growth into new markets.
- Contributing to client meetings, providing support to the Head of Client Development, Asia Pacific.
- Ensuring data collection is efficient, working with suppliers to increase data quality and build relationships.
- In-depth and complex analysis of clients’ payments supply chains, both internal and external processes and costs using CMSPI bespoke software, mathematical models, available benchmarking data, and knowledge of industries
- Using CMSPI methodologies and own initiative to suggest opportunities and improvements to the client arrangements and support these with detailed analysis.
- Support consultants with management and coordination of projects to ensure strict deadlines are met.
- Gain a thorough understanding of each of the markets that CMSPI operates in with a major emphasis on eWallets (like Grabpay) and debit/credit cards.
What we are looking for…
- Educated to undergraduate degree level with minimum 3.3 GPA (either Mathematics, Economics, Sciences, or a related degree with a high level of numeracy)
- Strong analytical capabilities with the ability to apply logic, creativity, and problem-solving techniques.
- Strong skills and experience in using Microsoft Excel to analyse data.
- Competency in all major Microsoft Office software.
- Experience in producing and presenting own analysis and findings to a customer or group.
- Appetite to learn about payment systems and the industry.
- Project management skills.
- Strong organisational skills, able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks at any one time.
- Professional manner.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent language (e.g., Mandarin, Malay, Cantonese etc) skills would be highly desirable but not essential.
What we are offering…
- Competitive base salary
- Annual company bonus, subject to individual and company performance
- Company-wide social events (currently all virtual!)
- Comprehensive, six-month training & development plan
- Quarterly employee award program
- Discretionary awarding of company share options