CMSPI is looking for someone with energy and determination to be a part of our journey…
Title: Financial Analyst
Location: Atlanta, Georgia.
based out of our office in Downtown with a combination of office and home working
Reporting to: Chief Economist
CMSPI is looking for a Financial Analyst based in the US office that will hold a global role (for the time being). This role is designed to help CMSPI’s project & insights teams with their understanding of the payments supply chain, it’s key levers, revenue models, and profitability. This function would enable CMSPI to produce better reporting & thought-leadership, equip our sales & consultant teams with information for negotiations, provide insight into potential new opportunities, and overall, increase our understanding of the future of payments.
What will you be doing...
- Analyze existing payments market stakeholder’s financial performance to aid both strategic and tactical decision making.
- Assess financial statements, M&A activity, and financial metrics.
- Analyze data trends and research long-term industry trends.
- Produce accurate reports to communicate information through various media - Excel, reports, presentations
- Support the development and communication of CMSPI’s market intelligence.
- Synthesize and interpret data to identify trends and emerging competitive threats.
- Clearly and effectively communicate findings to leadership and business units.
- Produce supplier and competitor fact sheets to help with internal and external initiatives.
- Understand each of the markets CMSPI operates in, with major emphasis on our core products and strategic objectives.
- Work with the wider insights team on researching payments industry, client, and market topics on a regular basis and report important developments to the team
- Support commercial projects including business development and consultancy
What we are looking for...
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree level with a minimum overall 3.3 GPA in Economics or a closely related field, such as Finance, Statistics, or Mathematics.
- Some demonstrable business experience (including internships)
- Knowledge of financial reporting, M&A reporting, analysis techniques, and a basic understanding of macroeconomics
- Strong analytical and financial modeling capabilities with the ability to apply logic, creativity, and problem-solving techniques
- Ability to present market research insights in an engaging way to influence business decisions
- Excellent analytical and written skills
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- An appetite to learn about the payments industry
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks at any one time
What we are offering...
- Competitive base salary
- Private health care contributions
- Excellent 401k company plan
- Annual company bonus
- Company-wide social events
- Comprehensive, six-month development plan
- The quarterly employee award program
- Flexi-time after passing 6-month probation
- Discretionary awarding of company share options