ROLE: Solutions Consultant
REPORTING TO: Solutions Consulting Manager
LOCATION: Atlanta office - with the flexibility to work from home.
This is a unique opportunity to work on initiatives with C-suite executives of billion-dollar merchants across North America, making significant changes to how they accept payments and engage their customers. We have worked with merchants and retailers such as Nike, McDonald’s Restaurants, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Chevron to name a few! The role of the Solutions Consultant will play a vital role in our Technical team, utilizing their existing knowledge of the payments industry to support our most complex and strategic projects. The successful candidate will work closely with our project delivery team to communicate directly with our clients to understand their current payment supply chain solutions and identify areas for optimization and new product offerings.
Whilst this is not a sales role, we are looking for a confident communicator, someone with excellent written and verbal skills. Our next Solutions Consultant will be in direct contact with CMSPI’s merchants to ensure we not only fully understand their payment supply chain but also ensuring that every opportunity on improving those solutions, is presented. Another significant part of the role will be to work closely with our Merchant advocacy and Economic Insights team, identifying key technical, solution, and regulatory issues faced by merchants and assisting that team in crafting messages to go back to merchants and trade bodies.
A truly dynamic role for the right candidate, who will be fully engaged in the overall strategic, operational, and technical scope of existing payment arrangements for our clients and any emerging solutions in the wider payments market. This position will also benefit from the company’s annual bonus scheme plus a discretionary incentive program. You must be committed and flexible to undertake travel to client headquarters in North America which can fluctuate dependent on the volume of projects. Normal hours will be 9 am - 5 pm Monday to Friday, however, when necessary you will be expected to work outside these hours.
What we are offering...
- Competitive base salary
- Private health care contributions
- Excellent 401k plan
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Company-wide social events
- Comprehensive, six-month development plan
- Discretionary project related incentives
- Quarterly employee award program
- Flexi-time after passing 6-month probation
- Discretionary awarding of company share options
What will you be doing...
The successful candidate will become a key member of CMSPI’s technical consultant team focused on payment solution optimization and market engagements across a diverse portfolio of multi-billion-dollar merchants across North America.
- Initial 6 months will be spent learning the role of the project delivery and technical teams, gaining an appreciation for the complex data analysis, as well as shadowing technical consultants and our advocacy & insights team
- Responsible for supporting a portfolio of strategic clients and identifying opportunities across their supply chain (both cost and solution optimization)
- Assist the lead consultant during the initial review phase and determining opportunities to present back to our merchants
- Work on the drafting of business cases and RFP documents, which can require leading meetings with key stakeholders from our merchants to ensure all relevant areas are captured in these documents.
- Form a strong understanding of the detailed transaction journey to be able to draft these Request for Proposal (RFP) documents for our clients that want to approach the wider payments market
- An opportunity for high-level project management through the process of assisting the implementation of any new arrangements for our merchant client base
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across departments including analysts, consultants, and the advocacy team
- Identify key issues faced by merchants through commercial engagements and presenting these back to CMSPI’s advocacy team
- Research payment market trends globally and determine new areas of opportunity outside of North America
- Expand the existing product offerings based on changes in the payments market or new opportunities
- Where required, attend relevant seminars, conferences, and webinars
What we are looking for...
- Desire to work in a high performing environment where you are challenged
- Desire to work with senior stakeholders at leading global retailers as well as leading trade bodies in the United States
- Overall GPA of 3.3 or higher (preferably Economics, Political Science, International Relations or heavily focused research-based degree)
- Minimum of 1-3 years of commercial business experience. Highly desirable from the payments industry
- Desire to expand current knowledge of the payments industry
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to self-manage
- Excellent ability to persuade and negotiate
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Project management experience
- Strong competency in Microsoft Excel and other major Microsoft Office programs
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional manner
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy